There are many different startups and the best SaaS books will depend on the type of state your startup is in. For example, if you are looking for a book on how to build a SaaS in 2023, you need a different book than if you are looking for a book on how to use a specific SaaS product.
So, I threw the question out to the community I have on Twitter and Linkedin.
Which books about SaaS startups have you found most useful and which do you recommend for 2023?
Books to start with if you are creating a Saas
If you are new to SaaS, you should start with:
- “The Lean Startup” by Eric Ries. This is one of the best books on SaaS startups, as it focuses on how to make your startup more efficient and reduce risk. Although initially focused on physical products, the book has adapted well to the SaaS world and is a must read for anyone who wants to start a startup.
- “Zero to One” by Peter Thiel. This is another good book for those new to the SaaS world, as it focuses on how to build a successful startup from scratch. Thiel is a co-founder of PayPal and has also invested in some of Silicon’s best startups.
- “The Little Black Book for Entrepreneur”. A book that tells all the bad things about entrepreneurship, if after reading this book you still want to start a business, you are destined to do it. It was one of the first ones I read back in 2010.
- “Running Lean” by Ash Maurya.
- The startup owner´s manual” by Steve Blanc and Bob Dorf.
The best books on SaaS sales that you can not miss
A book on SaaS sales can give us a lot of useful information about defining our b2b sales strategy for our product or service. It can teach us techniques and strategies to reach more potential customers, and it can also give us tips on how to improve our sales skills. But try to no make mistake, customers are not going to fall out of the sky for you.
Here are some of the best books on SaaS sales that you have recommended:
- Profit first by Mike Michalowicz.
- Predictable Revenue.
- The SaaS Sales Method.
These books provide information on the keys to selling SaaS products. They cover topics such as lead generation, pipeline management and closing sales.
Best marketing books for saas
There are many excellent books on SaaS marketing, and go to market strategies, but it can be hard to know which ones are the best. To help you out, here are two of the best SaaS marketing books you should check out:
- Traction is one or best saas books-How any startup can achieve explosive customer growth
- “Hooked” by Nir Eyal
These books cover a wide range of topics related to marketing a SaaS business, from getting started to advanced go-to-market strategies. They will provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to get you thinking about how to successfully market your SaaS.
The best books on team and management
Here are some of the books I liked the most:
- “How to win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie is a book that teaches us how to improve our relationships with others, and how to influence them positively. If you are looking to improve your social skills, I highly recommend this book.
- “The Hard Thing About Hard Things” by Ben Horowitz. This is a great book for anyone starting a startup, as it focuses on the challenges you will face and how to overcome them. Horowitz is co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
The best books on UX/ UI Saas and customer relations
Here are some books on how to interview customers and build better products:
- The mom test.
- El workbook de designpedia
- Hooked de Nir Eyal
- “What Customers Want” de Tony Ulwick
- “The Innovator’s Solution” de Clayton Christensen
- Hooked de Nir Eyal
- Product led Growth: how to build a product that sells itself.
Books to scale a Saas
Climbing isn’t easy, and these books on how to climb a Saas won’t tell you how, but they can certainly inspire you.
- Profit first by Mike Michalowicz
- Scaling up, by Verne Harnish
- The Grip Method
- “YOUTILITY ” by Jay BAER
- The great CEO
Inspirational books on entrepreneurship
To be inspired by how others have done it, it can be useful or at least it helps us to disconnect for a while. This is my case, I don’t like to read novels.
This is my favourite:
Shoe Dog, by Phil Knight:
The book “Shoe Dog” by Phil Knight is the autobiography of the founder and CEO of Nike. In the book, Phil tells his personal and professional story, and how he built Nike from a small company in the 60s to the multinational it is today.
And here are some other recommendations:
- Startup Nation
- Decoding Silicon Valley
- Business for Punks
- Happy sexy millionaire.
I hope you liked this list, and I would love to know which ones you liked the most.
Let me know your preferences in the comments.