Nothing is more important than protecting our customers’ data. We adhere to enterprise-class security levels and the highest encryption standards to keep customer data secure at all times. We apply GDPR rules for all customers.
All Nextscenario LLC products run on best-in-class servers in Amazon AWS data centers located in Europe. All Amazon AWS services are GDPR-compliant. Customer data is always protected and never leaves the data centers.
Servers are configured as bastion hosts with each server containing only the services it absolutely needs. No other software is added to the host to lessen the security penetration surface.
Nextscenario LLC software infrastructure is comprised of many microservices. Each microservice is isolated and run on a specific docker host. Hosts are dynamically scaled depending on the load.
Network security follows a multi-layered approach:
- At the top we use Amazon’s Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) utilizing its own security measures and principles
- Security groups are assigned to each instance type, permitting only networks and ports absolutely needed for each instance type to function
- Each instance has its own system firewall to protect its services even further
- At the single network point of entry, the network intrusion detection & prevention system is installed, along with an active monitoring, filtering, and alerting system.
- Every connection to our hosts is SSL encrypted using proven, peer-reviewed, and open-source encryption algorithms to prevent network sniffing, injecting, and other attacks.
Data at rest is encrypted via AES-256 encryption using the services AWS provides and/or native Linux tools.
We use on-site and off-site monitoring and alerting tools 24/7. We try to detect every anomaly that could affect our services before they become issues. Personnel is always available for urgent issues, which are escalated up the chain as necessary.
We strive for 99.99% uptime for all our products.
Although our services are regularly upgraded, configured and monitored, regular penetration tests are employed to identify and remedy potential security issues. We aim to perform such penetration tests on a quarterly basis.
Internal IT Security
Critical passwords are secured in a virtual vault, using strong encryption protocols. Access is granted to authorised and qualified personnel only, on need-to-know basis.
Data protection, Disaster Recovery & Data Continuity
Production data is mirrored to multiple servers. In case of an instance failure, other instances take over the load. New instance is launched, which then resyncs data and rejoins the cluster.
Backups are done at least daily, but may be more frequent due to the sensitivity of the data. Backups are securely stored as encrypted data in a GDPR-compliant data center.
We test our recovery operations and backup quality by regular data recovery. Minimum data recovery is seven days, up to 30 days of retention. GDPR requirements are followed.
As all software and customer data resides only in Amazon AWS infrastructure, AWS security certification compliance applies. Amazon AWS is certified with the following certificates, among others:
- ISO 27001: Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- ISO 27017: Cloud-specific security control guidance
- ISO 27018: Protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in public clouds
- ISO 9001: Quality management systems
- PCI DSS 3.2
All of Amazon’s AWS services are GDPR-compliant.
More information is available through the following links: